Friday, 3 April 2009

I believe...

It's been nearly 4 months since I landed in London. I'm currently having my sem-break and school starts in less than 2 weeks.

I ended my part time job as a Shop Assistant while still doing Cafe work. I even got a higher compensating job in a Care Center. I was really looking forward to this opportunity since I've been struggling to pay my school expenses and fees, at least I won't be much of a burden to my brother.

It feels like I've been living here for so long and I can't help but wonder how I envisioned this place where opportunity lies for a certain bloke who needs to focus on his target and direction in life.

I left Manila for a deeper purpose to be more mature, independent and be stronger and as much as it hurts to leave my family behind and my dearest Apple. I know that I will be able to achieve more here. Still, much of the downturn has been laid in our doorstep, where I finally got the chance to get here and yet there are so much predicaments and challenges I need to face to get things going.

I miss my Baby, I miss my family and I'm mostly alone at the flat where I just find time to browse the 3 W's in finding work and a better source of education and training. I do go out sometimes just to get a breather and to free my mind from this maddening mundane life I live in.

I see people walking, talking, going to work, school, minding their own business. I can also see people in tattered clothing, begging on the streets and I could see it will only get worse. Even this kind of country is not spared from the lashings of corruption and self-preservation of the elite few with pun intended.

I do believe that life is not just a scenario where we live in our lives just for ourselves but what we can see outside is happening inside as well, we only live because we want to exist and not because we need to be better for others, for ourselves. This is not a game where we can get 3 lives to get to the next level or beat the Boss, we only just have one and I want it to count! I want to make a difference!

My mother oftentimes tells me I have a Messiah complex and I know deep in my heart I want children to be safe, elders to be respected and cared for, women not to be exploited and abused. I may sound corny, so sue me! I have swallowed my pride so many times in my entire life I have been pushed around, smirked at, criticized for being nice. But I don't care and I will not stop me not with what and I believe that our Lord, our Savior is within me an no amount of tasks, pain and trials I will suffer alone, for He will lift me up and help me stand as I have and will do for others.

This is the life I live in and my actions towards others and my purpose will not be deterred especially with Apple, it is directed to a place where I can raise my family safe and secure. I made this promise to my Baby and I will always be there to love and take care of her until forever comes.




No comments:

Post a Comment